Read about how we process information about you (known as personal data) and find out about your rights.
- the basis for processing your personal data
- personal data we collect about you and how we 使用 it
- retention of personal data
- disclosure and transfer of personal data
- your rights including access to information and correction
- changes to our privacy notice
黄金城集团大学在信息专员办公室(ICO)注册为数据控制者。. Our registration reference is Z6428144.
You can refer to the University’s Data Protection Policy 有关黄金城集团承诺以符合有关资料保护法例的方式处理个人资料的详情. This includes the Data Protection Act 2018, the UK General Data Protection Regulation (‘UK GDPR’) (as implemented by the Data Protection Act 2018), and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
根据皇家特许状，大学的宗旨是“to advance learning and knowledge by teaching and research to the benefit of the wider community’.
大学在处理个人资料时，主要是根据需要来处理 黄金城集团为公众利益而执行的任务('公共任务'), in connection with our teaching and research activities.
We also process personal data to provide administrative and support services to our 学生 and staff; to support alumni relations and fundraising; to promote the University and recruit 学生; to maintain our records, 账户, and commercial activities; and to manage the overall running of the University and maintenance of its campus, 包括监测和评估其表现和有效性.
此外，黄金城集团处理个人数据是因为这是必要的 the performance of a contract，或为了在签订合同前应个人要求采取措施. 例如, 这可能包括在学生入学前与他们进行互动, as part of the admissions process, or the recruitment and hiring of staff.
We may also need to process personal data to comply with our 法律义务. This can include compliance and regulatory obligations, immigration obligations and safeguarding requirements, 或协助警方或其他当局进行调查. We may also process personal data for the purpose of, or in connection with, legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, or when necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights.
In some cases, we process personal data beca使用 it is necessary for our or a third party’s 合法利益, or in circumstances where we have specific 同意 这样做. 最后, in limited circumstances, 在有必要保护个人资料的情况下，黄金城集团也可能处理个人资料 切身利益 (i.e. in matters of life or death).
Personal data may include ‘special categories of data’ as described in data protection legislation, such as information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, 宗教信仰, 性取向, and physical or mental health.
When we process 特殊类别的数据, we must meet one of the conditions in the data protection legislation (Article 9 of the UK GDPR). 通常, 这将得到个人的明确同意，但黄金城集团处理特殊类别数据的其他例子包括:
- For health or social care purposes such as occupational health;
- For reasons of public interest in the area of public health e.g. Covid-19报告;
- For reasons of substantial public interest such as ensuring equality of opportunity or treatment, or protecting the public against dishonesty;
- For research purposes, where such research is in the public interest; and
- To manage legal claims and proceedings.
Further information about the processing of this type of personal data is published on 图标的网站.
Website visitors and enquiries
黄金城集团可能会处理透过本网站或大学使用的其他电子网络收集的个人资料, for the purposes of advertising, 市场营销, public relations and general advice services, 如:
- the identification of recipients for University services and administration of promotional campaigns;
- the advertising and promotion of the University and its services including by direct 市场营销 means;
- the advertisement and provision of general advice to members of the public about University services;
- the advertisement and promotion of the University through third party products and services, e.g. financial sponsorship;
- fundraising for the University and other organisations (excluding fundraising through alumni).
Prospective applicants, applicants, 学生 and alumni
黄金城集团向查询录取程序和/或考虑提交入学申请的个人收集个人资料. We collect personal data via student applications through the UCAS system and our own application systems. Should you subsequently enroll as a student at the University, a student record will be created for you.
The data collected from prospective 学生, 学生, 及/或大学校友之用途如下:
- the administration of student 账户 and payments;
- the collection of student fees;
- to maintain a central student record;
- to enable us to fulfill statutory reporting obligations.
- administration relating to the application process, e.g. receipt and processing of application forms, liaison with UCAS and agents, 评估成绩和申请，以确定录取通知书, and to produce statistics relating to admissions;
- administration required for provision of education and training (such as registration and timetabling);
- provision of education and training such as the planning and control of curricula and exams, 和调试, validating and producing educational materials;
- to deal with student awards and scholarships;
- calculation and publication of assessment and exam results;
- to carry out student discipline, student complaints and academic misconduct processes;
- to administer the academic appeals process;
- administration relating to visiting and exchange 学生 and the Study Abroad programme;
- video capture of lectures, seminars and other teaching activities, and to support the online delivery of teaching, in line with the University’s Policy on the Recording of Teaching Activities;
- provision of references and transcripts;
- administration related to student visas and UKVI obligations;
- attendance and engagement monitoring, in line with our 公布的政策.
Student experiential services
- administration of grants and loans, e.g. student loans and access loans;
- 管理及提供图书馆服务，包括会员纪录, 贷款/雇佣记录, information and databank administration;
- ticket issue/reservation services and the running of 事件;
- administration and provision of a student card;
- administration and provision of welfare and support services*;
- administration and provision of careers guidance;
- administration and provision of computing and IT facilities;
- administration and provision of Student Union services;
- University-related fundraising initiatives involving alumni;
- advertising and promotion of alumni 事件 and reunions;
- distribution of University mailings, e.g. alumni magazines, newsletters, annual reports, and message forwarding (without disclosure of data);
- eliciting non-financial support, such as careers advice, to 学生 and help with student recruitment;
- advertising, 市场营销 and public relations for others.
您的个人资料可能会被用于向您发送黄金城集团确定您可能感兴趣的产品或服务的详细信息, but you will only be contacted according to the preferences you submit when providing your personal data. If you would like to change these preferences (e.g. opt out of receiving some communications or change channels 使用d for contact) at any point, you can:
- 如果你是在读学生，请使用Study/Sussex Direct来更新你的偏好;
- email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment applicants and staff
黄金城集团通过招聘申请和招聘流程收集个人资料, 当你作为大学的一名雇员签订合同时. The way your data is 使用d is outlined below:
- equality and diversity monitoring;
- processing expenses related to interview processes;
- pre-employment health screening.
- payroll administration and HMRC compliance;
- administration of employee pension schemes;
- management of absence records;
- verification of eligibility/right to work;
- providing access to secured buildings and to parking facilities;
- reviewing performance and facilitating promotion and reward;
- to carry out staff grievance and disciplinary processes;
- to enable us to fulfill statutory reporting obligations.
Basic personal details can be maintained via Sussex Direct and MyView, and/or by contacting your Human Resources representative.
黄金城集团的研究活动收集了一系列的个人数据. This may include details about a person such as their name, family information and work details, a person’s thoughts or feelings, or their views or opinions on specific research areas. Data is collected in a variety of ways, such as through questionnaires, interviews and focus groups, and from individuals themselves or others.
We may collect data from third parties or by extracting data from websites (known as data scraping). Third parties may include commercial or private organisations, or public and government bodies such as the NHS, HMRC or the Department for 教育. 例如, 黄金城集团可要求教育署提供与学生有关的个人资料, learner and workforce datasets such as the National Pupil Database and the School Workforce Census. This can include data such as name and address, 学校的细节, 学习者记录, special educational needs of pupils, salary information of teaching staff and 特殊类别的数据 such as ethnicity and disability.
黄金城集团只收集用于研究目的所需的个人数据，并只以能够识别个人身份的方式保存这些信息, for as long as is necessary.
Where our research involves human participants, the research is subject to an ethical review process. 这确保所有道德问题都已考虑，个人资料的处理是适当的. 研究参与者将获得一份与他们正在参与的特定研究部分相关的信息表, which includes information on the collection, 使用, and retention of their personal data.
特殊类别的数据 in research and health research
Our research may include 特殊类别的数据 例如种族、政治或宗教观点、遗传数据和健康数据. When we process 特殊类别的数据, we must meet one of the conditions in the data protection legislation (Article 9 of the UK GDPR).
在黄金城集团的研究活动中使用特殊类别数据是基于'为了公众利益的存档需要进行处理, 科学或历史研究目的或统计目的’ (Article 9(2)(j) of the UK GDPR).
作为一所大学，黄金城集团使用个人数据进行研究，以改善健康, 保健和服务, 当黄金城集团使用同意参与研究的人提供的个人数据时，黄金城集团确保这符合公众利益. This means that when you agree to take part in a research study, 黄金城集团将以所需的方式使用您的数据进行研究和分析. 你的一些权利, such as deletion of your data from the research project, 可能有限, as we need to manage your data in specific ways in order for the research to be reliable and accurate. If you withdraw from the study, we will keep the information about you that we have already obtained. 为保障您的权利，黄金城集团将尽可能使用最少的个人资料.
Health and care research should serve the public interest, which means that we have to demonstrate that our research serves the interests of society as a whole. We do this by following the UK Policy Framework for Health and Social Care 研究.
Photography, video and video conferencing
该大学的摄影师和传媒的同事, 市场和发展部门经常在校园捕捉图像和视频，用于黄金城集团的交流和大学的网站上的宣传用途, 社会媒体渠道, and/or print materials, some of which may include individuals. 在个人身份可清楚辨认的情况下，将获得同意.
The University also records video footage of some 事件, such as our graduation ceremonies, for the purpose of making these available via its website to those who are unable to attend. 通知将张贴在活动和信息提供给那些不喜欢出现在任何镜头.
使视频会议和会议在更加灵活和远程工作的背景下进行, 大学建议使用一些经批准的技术解决方案(e.g. 微软团队(Microsoft Teams)、Skype和Zoom)都有录音功能. Where recording of meetings or conferences is required, 如有需要，个人资料会在当事人同意的情况下处理.
CCTV and Body Worn Video devices
大学透过监察系统处理个人资料, such as CCTV and Body Worn Video devices, to monitor and collect visual and audio recordings to provide a safe environment for 学生, staff and visitors to the campus and for the purposes of security.
Such personal data may be 使用d for the prevention and detection of crime; for evidential purposes to support criminal, civil and internal proceedings, including disciplinary investigations against staff and 学生; for assisting in traffic management and parking enforcement; and to assist in Health and Safety requirements and other legal or regulatory compliance obligations.
个人资料的处理及储存与大学的资料一致 记录管理策略和相关的主记录保留计划, which sets out how long different categories of personal data should be held by the University.
We will only disclose your personal data to a third party when we are required to by law, where we have your specific 同意, or where it is necessary and appropriate arrangements are in place with regard to data sharing. 例如, we may disclose personal data to:
- companies or suppliers who we work with;
- 学生办公室等相关政府部门和机构, UKVI/the 首页 Office (in connection with visas and immigration), HMRC, and local authorities (for council tax and electoral registration purposes) or police (e.g. for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime and/or prosecution and apprehension of offenders);
- funding bodies such as Student Loans Company or sponsors;
- 与资历确认有关的专业及规管机构, professional conduct and the accreditation of courses;
- legal representatives;
- internal and external auditors;
- the University’s insurers (e.g. when dealing with personal claims).
We are also required to send personal data to the Higher 教育 Statistics Agency (HESA). HESA collects personal data relating to staff, 学生 and leavers from Higher 教育. 有关HESA将如何处理您的个人资料的细节，请参阅相关的 颅脑通知.
From time to time, the University will transfer personal data outside the 联合王国. 个人数据只会发送到具有同等数据保护措施的国家，或黄金城集团已作出安排以确保数据得到适当保护的国家. 大学确保与英国以外的签约服务提供商和国际合作机构签订有关数据共享的适当协议.
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation:
- 信息 - where personal data is collected from you, you have the right to be various information about the collection and 使用 of your personal data. This includes details about the purpose(s) for processing and retention periods for that personal data, and who it will be shared with;
- 信息 - where your data is not obtained from you, you have the same right to the information above, 以及收集哪些个人资料及由谁收集的详情;
- 访问 -你有权确认黄金城集团是否正在处理你的个人资料，并有权索取你的资料副本. This is known as a subject access request;
- 整改 -你有权更正有关你的个人资料的任何不准确之处;
- 擦除 - you have the right to be forgotten in some circumstances, i.e. to have your data erased;
- 限制 - you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways;
- Where there is a request to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of data, we will let any recipients of that data know, 在可能的情况下. You have the right to know who those recipients are;
- 数据可移植性 -你有权以结构化的方式接收你的个人资料, commonly 使用d and machine-readable format, and to transfer your data to another controller;
- 反对 -你有权反对黄金城集团处理你的个人资料, such as direct 市场营销;
- 决策 – you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling; and
- 撤军的同意 - Where your 同意 is the legal basis for our processing, you have the right to withdraw your 同意.
Not all the rights apply in all circumstances. For more information, refer to our 数据保护页面 如需指导，包括如何提交主题访问请求，或联系 Data Protection Officer. Further information about your rights can also be found on the 图标的网站.
You have a right to complain to the ICO about the way your personal data is processed if you have concerns. 信息 on how to report concerns to the ICO is provided on their website.
cookie是放置在您的计算机上的文件，用于收集标准的互联网日志信息和访问者行为信息. This helps us to understand visitor behaviour, to remember your preferences and improve 使用r experience.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and the notice was last updated on 16 July 2021.
If you have any questions about our privacy notice or the personal data we hold about you, 你可透过电邮联络大学的资料保护主任 email@example.com or you can write to Alexandra Elliott, Data Protection Officer, 黄金城集团大学, 黄金城集团郡的房子, 研究法, 布莱顿 BN1 9猕.